Fourteen Maintenance Tips For A Blockage - Free Drain System
Having A Blocked Drain System Is Not Something You Can Predict. It can lead to hazards like leakage, air pollution due to the collection of stagnant water in the drain, flooding, and even health hazards. The good thing is, your maintenance habits can prevent it.
A clogged drain is caused by the accumulation of debris, small objects, grease, or the intrusion of tree roots into your drainage system. Even if blockages don't occur in your own pipes, they can happen in the larger main lines q leading to problem's for a number of people.
With These Fourteen Maintenance Tips, You Can Prevent Our Drainage System From Getting Clogged Up
1. Should you experience a minor clog, use a plunger. That should take care of it.
2. Clear the debris from under your bathtub stoppers a couple of times per week. Make sure to wash the stopper itself before putting it back.
3. If You Suffer From Hair Loss, Ensure There Is A Barrier (Mesh) On The Plug When Washing Your Hair In The Bath Or The Sink The same way you wouldn't put larger pieces of food in the sink, you should keep the same mentality when it comes to hair in the shower.
4. You should comb your hair before taking a bath to get rid of loose hair and avoid hair clumps in your bath drain.
5. Have a plumber install grates over your drains. Use Bacteriological Drain Cleaners To Clean Your Drains - Stronger Agents May Have A Corrosive Effect On Your Pipes. Avoid Them.
6. Plant flowers and trees away from your pipes to prevent their roots growing into your drains.
7. You should have an annual contract with a drainage company so they can conduct inspections regularly and help service your drains. Manchester Drainage offers this kind of contract to people in and around Manchester. Teach and instruct other members of your house on drainage maintenance guidelines.
8. Do not use chemical cleaners on your drains to keep them strong. They will damage your pipes in the long run.
9. You Have A Separate Dustbin For A Reason. Use dustbins for that.
10. Avoid letting the following substances go into the drain grease, oil, fat, coffee, meat, rice, gum, hair, condoms, medication, cosmetics and similar items.
11. The only things allowed to go down the drain are; for your sink - water, and your toilet - water, urine and faeces.
12. Periodically, Do Some Easy Cleaning Of Your Own Using A Hooked Coat Hanger To Fish For Loose Material In Your Drains That Could Cause Future Blocking.
13. Occasionally, pour some hot salty water into your sink to dissolve any accumulating grease in your drains.
14. When it comes to drain system maintenance, there are a hundred more tips you can follow, even some that go against tradition. Just make sure you don't use acidic solutions.
If you have tried all of the above tips, but are still having problem's with blocked drains or slow drainage, don't try and force the blockage, as this can lead to damages. Avoid damages and instead, reach out and give a plumber a phone call. If you reside in or near Manchester, then the technicians at Manchester Drainage are your best option.